Thursday, March 10, 2016

Thankful for what I have.....

My wife recently has told me more than once that she doesn't think I'm thankful for the things I have and that I desire too many things, especially materialistic things. 

There's some truth to it, I do desire a lot of materialistic things, but they're aren't your average everyday things like fast cars, boats, riches or huge houses.  Sure there are things I long for, a shore house that my parents don't have to struggle to afford and one I can go to any time I want and watch my kids love every minute of the world of seashells, sea birds, crashing waves and sand.  I want all the right camping equipment and clothes for my kids to be able to use on our adventures in the woods, I'm almost there with that one...  I long for the perfect accessories for my Jeep, this one is a little selfish but not entirely.  I want the Jeep things so that I can get out into the woods and share my love for Jeep life with my kids and be able to handle any terrain I'd likely come across.  I want to build the perfect road trip vehicle, one that has the room for my kids to enjoy the drive, plenty of room for our stuff and our dogs, and one that can safely get us from point A to B, rain, sleet, snow or shine.

Yes it's greedy.  But I think it's justified.

I want one thing more than anything else, freedom.  The freedom from work and the confines of an office which keep me away from exploring the world that surrounds us with my kids and my family.

Money helps, really it's a must.

Well until I either win the lottery or figure out how to accomplish those goals without excessive money, I'm guess I'm good with the things I have.  And that's fine.  I do truly appreciate everything I own and enjoy every minute of using those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment