Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Van life.....

Am I crazy, or just overly influenced by the bombarding of constant Outside Magazine articles on the way driving around a van through the world can change your life completely?  And how it can be done so easily, or so they make it seem?

My friend's and family will tell you that I'm a person who rarely is content with what they have to some point, I'm not content, I'm very happy with what I have and the life I live.  I do, however question how life could be different if I were to live it another way.  Say, packing up and traveling across the country and living out of a motorhome or van.  I see plenty of people doing it, it cannot be that crazy of an idea.

My kids and wife would love it, and so would my dogs.  We're all outdoor people and love camping, road trips, seeing new things and meeting new people.  And there's no short supply of things to see or people to meet, that's for sure.

Sadly, like most people in my shoes it's just not the right time, nor the right funding to do such a thing at this moment in our lives.  It's the ultimate and most widely used excuse but it's a good one and unless something major changes, it's the one we're using.  Not to mention my parents and two out of the four brothers would thing I was mad.

One day I hope to solely travel, but for now I think it's just going to have to be weekend trips and extended vacations as they come down the pike.

No comments:

Post a Comment