Saturday, January 7, 2017

Out with the New in with the Old

I'm a huge Jeep Wrangler fan.  Always have been.  Something about being able to cruise around with the top and doors off on a warm summer day is extremely appealing to me, almost spiritual.  That being said, it is what it is, a Jeep.  It's a rough ride, basic interior finish with some luxuries if you buy the Sahara model or up, but it still leaks on occasion, is loud on the highway and basically as aerodynamic as a brick.  But I still love them.

There's an ongoing joke in my family about how many jobs and cars I've had in my life so far, and we're adding another car to the mix.  I traded in my long sought after, two year old, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited for a five year old Toyota 4Runner.  I've always been a huge fan of the 4Runner and Toyota's in general.  I've had a standard cab Tacoma with no frills and it was a beast.  Fun to drive, great in the snow, peppy for a small truck and for the most part economical.  I bought it used and it lasted forever.

So when it came time for me to look for a vehicle to trade my Jeep in for, since it wasn't white and had to be for the business, I looked at both Jeeps and 4Runners.  Since Jeeps hold their value so well, it just wasn't worth it to try to find a Wrangler for the right price with the right options.  I'd be paying more for a vehicle with higher mileage and not nearly as every day road comfortable as the 4Runner.  So it went.  I'm sad to see it go, but I vow that in two years time I'll be looking to get back into a Wrangler, I'll buy used with the things I want and it will be what it is meant to be, a fun vehicle to take to the beach, through the snow and on the backroads of where ever I can find with the top and doors off racing towards an adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment