Saturday, December 9, 2017

First Snowfall of the Season

Today is the first snowfall of the season here in my neck of the woods.  It has brought happiness to kids and adults alike who love snow, happiness to plow drivers, anger to the people who have to drive in the snow and hate driving in the snow.  It's a mixed bag of feelings for everyone in the area.  My kids, myself and our puppies (especially the new one) is happy with the snow.

We picked out our Christmas Tree today, in the snow, which was a first and very enjoyable.  We're now having an enjoyable fire in the fireplace and the kids are playing a board game.  The sound of laughter and a crackling fire fill the house.  It's times like this, especially knowing the snow is coming down outside, makes it even more special.

I took a short walk outside with my headlamp on to get another piece of firewood.  There's something extra special to seeing the snow coming down in the beam of your headlamp.  The silence of the night adds to the peacefulness of my surroundings.

Writing this reminds me to enjoy the small things, be happy for the people that are laughing even if it just temporary, and enjoy the night.  That's not something easy for me, it never has been.  But it's worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment